Domestic Abuse and our commitment to the Domestic Abuse Housing Alliance

Make a Stand logoWho to contact if you're experiencing domestic abuse, how we respond and which agencies we work with.

Experiencing domestic abuse?

We offer support — including referrals to other agencies who can arrange emergency accommodation — and general advice and guidance.

To report domestic abuse, or if you have any concerns or questions, here are details below:


In an emergency please call the police (999)

Contact us

Call us: 0333 200 7304. Lines are open 8:30am to 5pm Monday -Friday

National Domestic Violence helpline

A national helpline which is available every day of the year. 
Freephone: 0808 2000 247

What happens next?

If you contact Waterloo Housing, a person from our Communities and Neighbourhood Team will be in touch with you.

We'll assess your current situation. To make sure you get the right support we may work with other agencies such as RefugeVictim SupportWomen's Aid, the police and local authorities.

In high risk cases, we may make a Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) referral.

We may take legal action, which can result in the offender losing their home, in order to protect you, our residents and the local community.

Other resources

Facts and figures

(source: Women's Aid)

  • Each year 1.4 million women suffer some form of domestic abuse in England and Wales
  • Each year 700,000 men suffer some form of domestic abuse in England and Wales
  • 1 in 4 women experience domestic abuse during their lifetime
  • 2 women are killed each week in England and Wales by a current or former partner
  • 1 in 4 people identifying as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender experience domestic abuse during their lifetime