Housing Benefit

These pages contain some useful information about Housing Benefit: Housing Benefit for working age people is currently in the process of being replaced by Universal Credit and is expected to stop by 2022.

To find out if the area you live in is affected by Universal Credit, you can use the Universal Credit post code checker.

If you would like more information on Universal Credit, please visit the Universal Credit section of this website.

Housing Benefit for people that live in temporary accommodation, supported accommodation and for those of pensionable age is set to continue for the foreseeable future.  To find out your pension age, you can use the gov.uk pension age calculator.